Administrative Code

Virginia Administrative Code

Part VII. Repayment

12VAC5-520-200. Repayment.

Repayment requirements for scholarship and loan repayment recipients are as follows:

1. Payment of restitution or repayment of award plus interest shall be due on the date that the recipient is deemed by the commissioner to be in default.

2. The commissioner in his discretion shall permit extension of the period of repayment for up to 24 months from the date that the recipient is deemed to be in default.

3. Partial fulfillment of the recipient's contractual obligation by the practice of dentistry as provided for in this contract shall reduce the amount of restitution by a percentage based on the number of whole months that the recipient has practiced dentistry in an approved location and the total number of months of the contractual obligation the recipient has incurred.

4. Failure of a recipient to make any payment on his debt when it is due shall be cause for the commissioner to refer the debt to the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Virginia for collection. The recipient shall be responsible for any costs of collection as may be provided in Virginia law.

Statutory Authority

§ 32.1-122.9 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 15, eff. May 8, 2002; amended, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 3, eff. November 8, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.