Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 1. Administration
Agency 30. Department of General Services
Chapter 45. Certification for Noncommercial Environmental Laboratories

1VAC30-45-310. Announced and unannounced on-site assessments.

A. DCLS may conduct, at its discretion, either announced or unannounced on-site assessments.

B. Advance notice of an assessment shall not be necessary.

C. To the maximum extent practical, DCLS, when necessary, shall work with the owner of an environmental laboratory to obtain government security clearances for assessment personnel as far in advance as possible. The owner of the environmental laboratory shall facilitate expeditious attainment of the necessary clearances.

D. To the maximum extent practical, assessment personnel shall minimize disruption of a laboratory's operations and take into account competing demands on the time of laboratory personnel.

Statutory Authority

§ 2.2-1105 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 7, eff. January 1, 2009; amended, Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 22, eff. September 1, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.