Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 1. Administration
Agency 30. Department of General Services
Chapter 45. Certification for Noncommercial Environmental Laboratories

1VAC30-45-773. Chemical testing: quality of standards and reagents.

A. The source of standards shall comply with 1VAC30-45-740 C.

B. Reagent quality, water quality and checks.

1. Reagents. In methods where the purity of reagents is not specified, analytical reagent grade shall be used. Reagents of lesser purity than those specified by the test method shall not be used. The labels on the container should be checked to verify that the purity of the reagents meets the requirements of the particular test method. Such information shall be documented.

2. Water. The quality of water sources shall be monitored and documented and shall meet method specified requirements.

3. The laboratory will verify the concentration of titrants in accordance with written laboratory procedures.

Statutory Authority

§ 2.2-1105 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 7, eff. January 1, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.