Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 1. Administration
Agency 75. Department of The Treasury
Chapter 30. Regulations Governing Escheats

1VAC75-30-50. Annual reporting requirements for escheators.

Escheators shall be required to file a report with the agency by March 1 of each year, for the calendar year just ended, summarizing escheat activity for that period. The required report shall include, but not be limited to, (i) information about any litigation occurring during the period and the status of such litigation, (ii) the status of any collection proceedings, (iii) the status of any real estate parcels removed from the escheat process subsequent to an inquest, (iv) the status of any other real estate parcels under the escheator's control, and (v) any other information which should be brought to the agency's attention that the escheator deems to be relevant to the escheat process. The escheator shall provide, upon written request from the agency, any additional data relating to this report within 30 days of such request.

Statutory Authority

§ 55.1-2439 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR640-04-1 § 5, eff. July 1, 1992.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.