Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 1. Administration
Agency 75. Department of The Treasury
Chapter 30. Regulations Governing Escheats

1VAC75-30-60. Required bond for escheators.

Each escheator shall give bond for the judicial circuit for which he is appointed in the circuit court for the locality in which he resides. The bond in the amount of $3,000 shall be obtained within 60 days of confirmation of the appointment and a copy of such bond should be provided to the State Treasurer. This bond shall remain in force as long as the escheator shall continue in office until removed or until a successor is duly appointed and qualified.

If property in another locality within the judicial circuit escheats to the Commonwealth at the inquest hearing, the escheator shall give additional bond pursuant to the requirements in § 55.1-2402 of the Code of Virginia.

Statutory Authority

§ 55.1-2439 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR640-04-1 § 6, eff. July 1, 1992; amended, Virginia Register Volume 14, Issue 25, eff. September 30, 1998; Volume 38, Issue 11, eff. March 3, 3022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.