Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 10. Finance And Financial Institutions
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission
Chapter 22. Trust Company Regulations

10VAC5-22-130. Referral of securities transactions.

An affiliated trust company may not direct to an affiliated broker-dealer the compensation-producing securities transactions of a trust account, unless:

1. Such action is authorized by the account settlor, the beneficiaries, or a court (depending on the circumstances) by specific written consent or authorization obtained after disclosure of the relationship and the terms of the arrangement;

2. Use of the affiliated broker-dealer is in the best interest of the account;

3. In the case of employee benefit trusts, a reasoned opinion of counsel is obtained to the effect that the proposed use does not violate the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (29 USC § 1001 et seq.); and

4. The trust company has established adequate safeguards against potential abuses (e.g., "churning").

Statutory Authority

§ 6.2-1034 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR225-01-0205 § 13, eff. April 20, 1995.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.