Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 10. Finance And Financial Institutions
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission
Chapter 30. Savings Institution Holding Companies

10VAC5-30-20. Scope.

This chapter governs acquisitions intra-state of control of state savings institutions and of state savings institution holding companies, and acquisitions by such holding companies. It governs the examination, supervision and regulation of state savings institution holding companies. This chapter does not apply to any inter-state acquisition authorized by Article 5 (§ 6.2-1148 et seq. of the Code of Virginia) of Chapter 11 of Title 6.2, or to the reporting, examination, supervision, and regulation of any regional savings institution holding company resulting from such an inter-state transaction; such matters are governed entirely by Article 5 and by any regulation adopted pursuant thereto.

Statutory Authority

§§ 6.2-1192 and 12.1-13 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR225-01-0301, eff. June 3, 1986; amended, July 1, 1990; Virginia Register Volume 28, Issue 1, eff. September 1, 2011.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.