Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 11. Gaming
Agency 10. Virginia Racing Commission
Chapter 110. Entries

11VAC10-110-60. Closing of entries.

Entries for overnight races shall close at a time prescribed by the licensee and approved by the stewards. Entries for stakes races, futurities and other special events shall close at the time specified in the conditions. The following provisions shall apply to the closing of entries:

1. The racing secretary shall be responsible for the securing and safekeeping of all entries once they are filed and shall be responsible for denying access to the entries by other permit holders;

2. No entry shall be accepted after the prescribed time for the closing of entries; and

3. In the event of an emergency or if an overnight race fails to fill, then the racing secretary, with the approval of the stewards, may extend the prescribed time for the closing of entries.

Statutory Authority

§ 59.1-369 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR662-04-02 § 6, eff. September 26, 1991; amended, Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 23, eff. July 1, 2002.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.