Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 11. Gaming
Agency 10. Virginia Racing Commission
Chapter 20. Regulations Pertaining to Horse Racing with Pari-Mutuel Wagering

11VAC10-20-280. Approval of pools.

A. Generally. The commission shall promptly consider a request for types of pari-mutuel wagering pools.

B. Consideration of requests. Upon receipt of a request for approval or modification of types of pari-mutuel wagering pools, the commission shall consider the request at its next regularly scheduled meeting, and may, in its discretion, approve the types of pari-mutuel wagering pools as requested, modify the request, or deny the request.

C. Criteria for approval of pools. The commission, in making its determination, must consider the success and integrity of horse racing; the public health and safety, and welfare; and public interest, necessity, and convenience.

Statutory Authority

§ 59.1-369 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR662-01-02 § 3.3, Virginia Register Volume 6, Issue 13, eff. April 25, 1990; Volume 14, Issue 1, eff. October 29, 1997; Volume 18, Issue 20, eff. May 22, 2002.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.