Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 11. Gaming
Agency 10. Virginia Racing Commission
Chapter 70. Stewards

11VAC10-70-170. Orders following disciplinary actions.

Any disciplinary action taken by the steward or stewards or by the commission shall be provided in writing to the person being disciplined, setting forth the federal or state law, local ordinance or regulation that was violated, the date of the violation, the factual or procedural basis of the finding, the extent of the disciplinary action taken, and the date when the disciplinary action is to take effect. The order following disciplinary action may be hand delivered or mailed to the person being disciplined, but in either case, the mode of delivery shall be duly certified by the sender. The sender shall use reasonable efforts to obtain acknowledgement of receipt by the recipient.

Statutory Authority

§ 59.1-369 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR662-03-03 § 17, eff. September 26, 1991; amended, Virginia Register Volume 14, Issue 11, eff. March 19, 1998; Volume 22, Issue 26, eff. September 4, 2006; Volume 22, Issue 25, eff. November 4, 2006.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.