Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 11. Gaming
Agency 5. Virginia Lottery Board
Chapter 80. Sports Betting Consumer Protection Program

11VAC5-80-20. Sports bettors' bill of rights.

A. A permit holder shall make conspicuously available on its platform a link to the Virginia Sports Bettors' Bill of Rights on the department's website and afford its players the protections found in that document.

B. A permit holder may not, as a condition of use of the permit holder's sports betting platform, require any player to waive any right, forum, or procedure including the right to pursue legal action or to file a complaint with, or otherwise notify, any instrument of the state or federal government, including a Commonwealth's Attorney, law enforcement, courts, and state and federal agencies, of any alleged violation of the sports betting law, this chapter, or any other applicable law, regulation, or administrative policy.

Statutory Authority

§§ 58.1-4007, 58.1-4015.1, and 58.1-4030 through 58.1-4047 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 4, eff. October 12, 2020.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.