Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 11. Gaming
Agency 5. Virginia Lottery Board
Chapter 80. Sports Betting Consumer Protection Program

11VAC5-80-50. Underage betting.

A. A permit holder shall implement age-verification procedures to verify that no sports bet is placed by or on behalf of an individual younger than 21 years of age.

B. A permit holder shall promptly refund any money wagered by or on behalf of a minor and close the account. A permit holder may withhold and, if practicable and as approved by the department, redistribute to other winners any winnings won by a minor upon a good faith determination, following reasonable investigation, that the minor misrepresented his age in order to place a sports bet.

C. A permit holder shall make available, publish, and facilitate parental control procedures to allow parents or guardians to exclude minors from access to any sports betting platform.

Statutory Authority

§§ 58.1-4007, 58.1-4015.1, and 58.1-4030 through 58.1-4047 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 37, Issue 4, eff. October 12, 2020.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.