Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 30. Department of Medical Assistance Services
Chapter 100. State Programs

12VAC30-100-320. Notification.

The program shall inform an applicant, enrollee, or the individual's representative of the individual's legal rights and obligations and give written notice of the following:

1. The final determination on an application, which shall include the reason or reasons if an applicant is found ineligible;

2. The imminent expiration of program authority and funding;

3. A notice of action to deny, cancel, or suspend program benefits which shall:

a. Include a statement of the proposed action, the reason for the action, and the statutory or regulatory authority for the action;

b. Include notification of the right to appeal the action;

c. Be mailed at least 15 calendar days before the effective date of the action.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-325 and 32.1-330.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 13, Issue 15, eff. June 1, 1997; amended, Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 1, eff. October 22, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.