Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 30. Department of Medical Assistance Services
Chapter 120. Waivered Services

12VAC30-120-995. Appeals.

A. Providers shall have the right to appeal actions taken by DMAS. Provider appeals shall be considered pursuant to § 32.1-325.1 of the Code of Virginia and the Virginia Administrative Process Act (§ 2.2-4000 et seq.) of the Code of Virginia and DMAS regulations at 12VAC30-10-1000 and Part XI (12VAC30-20-500 et seq.) of 12VAC30-20.

B. Individuals shall have the right to appeal actions taken by DMAS. Individuals' appeals shall be considered pursuant to 12VAC30-110-10 through 12VAC30-110-370. DMAS shall provide the opportunity for a fair hearing, consistent with 42 CFR Part 431, Subpart E.

C. The individual shall be advised in writing of such denial and of his right to appeal consistent with DMAS client appeals regulations 12VAC30-110-70 and 12VAC30-110-80.

Statutory Authority

§ 32.1-325 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 1396 et seq.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 31, Issue 10, eff. February 12, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.