Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 35. Department of Behavioral Health And Developmental Services
Chapter 46. Regulations for Children's Residential Facilities

12VAC35-46-1240. Clinically managed, low-intensity residential services Level of care 3.1 discharge criteria.

Before a clinically managed, low-intensity residential service program may discharge or transfer a child or adolescent, the child or adolescent shall meet the criteria for discharge or transfer as defined by the provider's policies, which shall include provisions for the discharge or transfer of children or adolescents who have:

1. Achieved the goals of the treatment services and no longer require ASAM 3.1 level of care;

2. Been unable to achieve the goals of the child's or adolescent's treatment but could achieve the child's or adolescent's goals with a different type of treatment; or

3. Achieved the child's or adolescent's original treatment goals but have developed new treatment challenges that can only be adequately addressed in a different type of treatment.

Statutory Authority

§§ 37.2-302 and 37.2-408 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 39, Issue 11, eff. February 17, 2023.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.