Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 35. Department of Behavioral Health And Developmental Services
Chapter 46. Regulations for Children's Residential Facilities

12VAC35-46-370. Child care supervisor.

A. Child care supervisors shall have responsibility for the:

1. Development of the daily living program within each child care unit; and

2. Orientation, training, and supervision of direct care workers.

B. Child care supervisors shall have:

1. A baccalaureate degree in social work or psychology and two years of professional experience working with children one year of which must have been in a residential facility for children;

2. A high school diploma or a General Education Development Certificate (G.E.D.) and a minimum of five years professional experience working with children with at least two years in a residential facility for children; or

3. A combination of education and experience working with children as approved by the department.

Statutory Authority

§§ 37.2-408 and 37.2-203 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 21, eff. August 6, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.