Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 31. Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations

12VAC5-31-1860. Renewal of endorsement.

A. Continued endorsement as an EMS physician requires submission of an application for renewal to the Office of EMS before expiration of the five-year endorsement period. Renewal of an EMS physician endorsement is based upon the physician's continuing to meet and maintain the qualifications specified in 12VAC5-31-1810.

B. Completion of equivalent related continuing education programs may be substituted for formal certification in ACLS, ATLS and PALS for the purposes of endorsement renewal. Acceptance of these continuing education hours is subject to approval by the Office of EMS.

C. An EMS physician must also attend a minimum of two "Currents" sessions as sponsored by OEMS within the five-year endorsement period.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-111.4 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 3, eff. January 15, 2003; amended, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 1, eff. October 10, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.