Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 31. Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations

12VAC5-31-540. Personnel records.

A. An EMS agency shall have a current personnel record for each individual affiliated with the EMS agency. Each file shall contain documentation of certification, training and qualifications for the positions held.

B. An EMS agency shall have a record for each individual affiliated with the EMS agency documenting the results of a criminal history background check conducted through the Central Criminal Records Exchange and the National Crime Information Center via the Virginia State Police, a driving record transcript from the individual's state Department of Motor Vehicles office, and any documents required by the Code of Virginia, no more than 60 days prior to the individual's affiliation with the EMS agency.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-111.4 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 3, eff. January 15, 2003; amended, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 1, eff. October 10, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.