Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 31. Virginia Emergency Medical Services Regulations

12VAC5-31-750. EMS vehicle warning lights and devices.

An EMS vehicle shall have emergency warning lights and audible devices as approved by the Superintendent of Virginia State Police, Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries or the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as applicable.

1. A ground EMS vehicle shall have flashing or blinking lights installed to provide adequate visible warning from all four sides.

2. A ground EMS vehicle shall have flashing or blinking red or red and white lights installed on or above the front bumper and below the bottom of the windshield.

3. A ground EMS vehicle shall have an audible warning device installed to project sound forward from the front of the EMS vehicle.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-111.4 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 3, eff. January 15, 2003; amended, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 1, eff. October 10, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.