Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 381. Regulations for the Licensure of Home Care Organizations

12VAC5-381-210. Indemnity coverage.

A. The governing body shall ensure the organization and its contractors have appropriate indemnity coverage to compensate clients for injuries and losses resulting from services provided.

B. The organization shall purchase and maintain the following types and minimum amounts of indemnity coverage at all times:

1. Malpractice insurance consistent with § 8.01-581.15 of the Code of Virginia;

2. General liability insurance covering personal property damages, bodily injuries, product liability, and libel and slander of at least $1 million comprehensive general liability per occurrence; and

3. Third-party crime insurance or a blanket fidelity bond of $50,000 minimum.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-162.12 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 22, Issue 3, eff. January 1, 2006; amended, Virginia Register Volume 31, Issue 10, eff. February 12, 2015.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.