Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 391. Regulations for the Licensure of Hospice

12VAC5-391-150. Return of a license.

A. The circumstances under which a license must be returned include:

1. A change in ownership or operator;

2. A change in program name;

3. The relocation of the administrative office;

4. The discontinuation of any core services; and

5. The relocation of a hospice facility.

B. The licensee shall notify its patients and the OLC in writing 30 days prior to discontinuing any services.

C. If the hospice program is no longer operational, or the license is revoked or suspended, the license shall be returned to the OLC within five working days. The licensee is responsible for notifying its patients and the OLC where all medical records will be located.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-162.5 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 21, Issue 23, eff. November 1, 2005; amended, Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 11, eff. March 5, 2008; Volume 27, Issue 11, eff. March 2, 2011.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.