Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 421. Food Regulations

12VAC5-421-3700. Contents of the application.

The application shall include:

1. The name, mailing address, telephone number, and signature of the person applying for the permit and the name, mailing address, and location of the food establishment;

2. Information specifying whether the food establishment is owned by an association, corporation, individual, partnership, or other legal entity;

3. A statement specifying whether the food establishment:

a. Is mobile or stationary, and temporary or permanent; and

b. Is an operation that includes one or more of the following:

(1) Prepares, offers for sale, or serves time/temperature control for safety food:

(a) Only to order upon a consumer's request;

(b) In advance in quantities based on projected consumer demand and discards food that is not sold or served at an approved frequency; or

(c) Using time as the public health control as specified under 12VAC5-421-850;

(2) Prepares time/temperature control for safety food in advance using a food preparation method that involves two or more steps which may include combining time/temperature control for safety food ingredients; cooking; cooling; reheating; hot or cold holding; freezing; or thawing;

(3) Prepares food as specified under subdivision 3 b (2) of this section for delivery to and consumption at a location off the premises of the food establishment where it is prepared;

(4) Prepares food as specified under subdivision 3 b (2) of this section for service to a highly susceptible population;

(5) Prepares only food that is not time/temperature control for safety food; or

(6) Does not prepare, but offers for sale only prepackaged food that is not time/temperature control for safety food;

4. The name, title, address, and telephone number of the person directly responsible for the food establishment;

5. The name, title, address, and telephone number of the person who functions as the immediate supervisor of the person specified under subdivision 4 of this section such as the zone, district, or regional supervisor;

6. The names, titles, and addresses of:

a. The persons comprising the legal ownership as specified under subdivision 2 of this section including the owners and officers; and

b. The local resident agent if one is required based on the type of legal ownership;

7. A statement signed by the applicant that:

a. Attests to the accuracy of the information provided in the application; and

b. Affirms that the applicant will:

(1) Comply with this chapter; and

(2) Allow the department access to the establishment as specified under 12VAC5-421-3820 and to the records specified under 12VAC5-421-440 and 12VAC5-421-2330 and subdivision 4 of 12VAC5-421-3630; and

8. Other information required by the department.

Statutory Authority

§§ 35.1-11 and 35.1-14 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 10, eff. March 1, 2002; amended, Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 2, eff. October 16, 2007; Volume 32, Issue 22, eff. July 12, 2016; Volume 37, Issue 18, eff. June 10, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.