Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 481. Virginia Radiation Protection Regulations

12VAC5-481-550. Persons Possessing a License for Source, Byproduct, or Special Nuclear Material in Quantities Not Sufficient to Form a Critical Mass on Effective Date of These Regulations.

Article 5
Licenses Held at the Time of the Effective Date of These Regulations

Any person who, on the effective date as stated in 12VAC5-481-160, possesses a general or specific license for source, byproduct, or special nuclear material in quantities not sufficient to form a critical mass, issued by the NRC, shall be deemed to possess a like license issued under this part and the Act, such license to expire either 90 days after receipt from the agency of a notice of expiration of such license, or on the date or expiration specified in the NRC license, whichever is earlier.

Statutory Authority

§ 32.1-229 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 22, Issue 25, eff. September 20, 2006; amended, Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 18, eff. June 12, 2008.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.