Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 590. Waterworks Regulations

12VAC5-590-660. Site location.

A. Wells and water treatment plants shall be located above the projected 100-year flood elevation. A lower elevation may be considered if it can be adequately shown that the wells or treatment plants can be protected from flooding. Site grading and adequate drainage shall be provided. Springs subject to flooding shall not be approved. See 12VAC5-590-840 E for additional well location requirements.

B. The waterworks pumping and treatment facilities shall be readily accessible in all seasons. Access roads shall be provided.

C. Functional aspects of the site shall be considered in design, including the convenience of transportation facilities to the site and the availability of electric power from more than one source.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-170 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR355-18-007.03 § 3.3, eff. August 1, 1991; amended, Virginia Register Volume 9, Issue 17, eff. June 23, 1993; Volume 37, Issue 20, eff. June 23, 2021.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.