Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 13. Housing
Agency 10. Virginia Housing Development Authority
Chapter 40. Rules and Regulations for Single Family Mortgage Loans to Persons and Families of Low and Moderate Income

13VAC10-40-240. Down payment and closing cost assistance grants.

The authority may make or finance down payment or closing cost assistance grants in connection with authority first mortgage loans. Such grants must meet the applicable insurer, guarantor, or investor requirements applicable to the first mortgage loan in addition to any additional requirements imposed by the executive director. Any such grants made or financed by the authority are not loans and no repayment shall be required. The executive director may establish lower maximum income limits in connection with such grants that enable the authority to effectively and efficiently allocate its current and anticipated financial resources so as to best meet the current and future housing needs of low and moderate income Virginians.

Statutory Authority

§ 36-55.30:3 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 35, Issue 14, eff. March 4, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.