Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 13. Housing
Agency 10. Virginia Housing Development Authority
Chapter 40. Rules and Regulations for Single Family Mortgage Loans to Persons and Families of Low and Moderate Income

13VAC10-40-250. Government-sponsored enterprises programs.

A. The authority may make or finance mortgage loans pursuant to the requirements of Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac and may securitize and sell such mortgage loans to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, as applicable.

B. The following requirements shall not apply to government-sponsored enterprises programs: (i) the requirement that each applicant must not have had a present ownership interest in his principal residence within the preceding three years (the first-time homebuyer or three-year requirement); (ii) the maximum allowable sales prices in 13VAC10-40-80; and (iii) the net worth requirements in 13VAC10-40-90.

C. For the purposes of 13VAC10-40-100, gross income of applicants for Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac loans shall be determined in accordance with the requirements of Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, as applicable.

Statutory Authority

§ 36-55.30:3 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 35, Issue 14, eff. March 4, 2019. 

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.