Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 13. Housing
Agency 6. Virginia Manufactured Housing Board
Chapter 20. Manufactured Housing Licensing and Transaction Recovery Fund Regulations

13VAC6-20-60. Application for licensing; renewal.

A. Application for license or renewal shall be on forms supplied by the department and may be submitted as designated in hard copy or by electronic means. All information required on the form shall be furnished by the applicant for the board's review.

B. Each application for original licensure shall be accompanied by the following:

1. Deposit in the Transaction Recovery Fund required by 13VAC6-20-420 A 2.

2. Licensing fee required by 13VAC6-20-200 A 3.

3. Statement of compliance.

4. Verification of a business office with all utilities, including a business telephone, and where the required business records are maintained.

5. Verification of a permanent business sign, in view of public traffic, bearing the name of the firm.

6. List of salespeople employed.

7. Name of the owner, principal, manager, agent, or other person designated as the holder of the dealer's license for the specific location and the names of other partners or principals in the dealership.

Photographs of the front of the business office and required sign may be considered as verification required by this subsection.

C. The Department of Housing and Community Development will mail a notice of renewal to the licensee at the last known address of record. Licensees may submit renewals by mail or electronically. Failure to receive this notice shall not relieve the licensee of the obligation to renew. If the licensee does not receive the notice of renewal, a copy of the license may be substituted with the required fee. Each application for renewal shall be accompanied by the following:

1. Licensing fee required by 13VAC6-20-200 A 4.

2. Statement of compliance.

3. Notification of any significant changes to the office or the business sign.

4. Updated list of salespeople employed.

5. Any changes of officers or directors of the company or corporation.

6. A copy of the dealer's current certificate of registration from the Virginia Motor Vehicle Dealer Board.

D. Any change in the form of ownership of the dealer or any changes (deletions or additions) in the partners or principals of the dealer shall be submitted to the board with an application and fee for a new license. If the new owner assumes the liabilities of the previous owner , then a new recovery fund assessment is not required. New recovery fund assessments shall be required when the new owner does not assume the liabilities of the previous owner. The board shall be notified immediately by the dealer of any change in the operating name of the dealer. The director shall endorse the change on the license without requiring an additional fee. The board shall be notified immediately by the dealer of any change in the location of the dealer. The dealer shall pay a fee of $50 for the change of location on the license but shall not be required to pay an additional assessment to the recovery fund for the change of location only.

Statutory Authority

§ 36-85.18 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR449-01-02 § 2.5, eff. April 1, 1994; amended, Virginia Register Volume 28, Issue 20, eff. July 4, 2012; Volume 35, Issue 20, eff. July 1, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.