Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 14. Insurance
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission, Bureau of Insurance
Chapter 335. Rules Governing Claims-Made Liability Insurance Policies

14VAC5-335-45. Requirement to provide loss information.

A. If the policy is issued with an aggregate limit:

1. The insurer shall provide loss information to the named insured with the notice of cancellation or nonrenewal of the policy; or

2. The named insured may request loss information within 120 days from the date of policy renewal. The insurer shall provide such loss information within 15 calendar days of the insured's request.

B. The loss information shall be sufficient to inform the named insured regarding the remaining or potentially remaining limits of coverage available under the terminating policy.

C. This section shall apply to medical professional liability insurance only if the insurer offers an extended reporting period with other than unimpaired limits of liability.

Statutory Authority

§§ 12.1-13 and 38.2-223 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 34, Issue 16, eff. October 1, 2018.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.