Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 14. Insurance
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission, Bureau Of Insurance
Chapter 410. Rules Governing Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements

14VAC5-410-70. Service of process.

Suits, actions, and proceedings may be begun against any multiple employer welfare arrangement providing coverage in this Commonwealth by serving process on any trustee, director, officer, or agent of the plan, or, if none can be found, on the clerk of the Commission. If any multiple employer welfare arrangement that is not fully insured provides coverage in this Commonwealth without obtaining a license as required by 14VAC5-410-40 of this chapter, it shall be deemed to have thereby appointed the Clerk of the Commission its attorney for service of process. Service of process shall be made as provided for in Article 1 (§ 38.2-800 et seq.) of Chapter 8 of Title 38.2.

Statutory Authority

§ 38.2-223 and Article 3 (§ 38.2-3420 et seq.) of Chapter 34 of Title 38.2 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Regulation 31, Case No. INS910244, § 8, eff. January 15, 1992.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.