Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 16. Labor And Employment
Agency 25. Safety And Health Codes Board
Chapter 50. Boiler and Pressure Vessel Regulations

16VAC25-50-510. Clearance.

When boilers are replaced or new boilers are installed in either existing or new buildings, a minimum clearance of two feet on all service sides shall be provided. Boilers and pressure vessels having manholes shall have five feet clearance from the manhole opening and any wall, ceiling or piping that will prevent a person from entering the boiler or vessel. All boilers and pressure vessels shall be located so that adequate space will be provided for the proper operation of the boilers and pressure vessels and their appurtenances, for the inspection of all surfaces, tubes, waterwalls, economizers, piping, valves and other equipment, and for their necessary maintenance and repair and replacement of tubes.

Statutory Authority

§§ 40.1-22 and 40.1-51.5 et seq. of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR425-01-75 § 4.13, eff. July 1, 1974; amended, eff. November 1, 1978; July 1, 1991; September 1, 1993.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.