Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 16. Labor And Employment
Agency 25. Safety And Health Codes Board
Chapter 60. Administrative Regulation for the Virginia Occupational Safety and Health Program

16VAC25-60-310. Contest of abatement period.

A. The employer, employees, or employee representative may, by written notification to the commissioner, contest the time permitted for abatement.

B. The notice of contest of abatement period must be in writing and shall have been delivered by hand or mailed to the commissioner within 15 working days from the date of the receipt of the citation and order of abatement.

C. The same procedures and requirements used for contest of citation and penalty, set forth at 16VAC25-60-270, 16VAC25-60-280, 16VAC25-60-290, and 16VAC25-60-300, shall apply to contests of abatement period.

D. The time permitted for abatement, if contested in good faith and not merely for delay, does not begin to run until the entry of a final order of the circuit court.

Statutory Authority

§ 40.1-22(5) of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR425-02-95 § 7.1, eff. July 1, 1994.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.