Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 16. Labor And Employment
Agency 25. Safety And Health Codes Board
Chapter 97. Reverse Signal Operation Safety Requirements for Motor Vehicles, Machinery and Equipment in General Industry and the Construction Industry

16VAC25-97-50. Training.

A. Prior to permitting an employee to engage in any covered activity under this chapter, the employer shall ensure that each driver of a covered vehicle and each designated observer/ground guide is trained in the requirements of this chapter.

B. Refresher training shall be provided by the employer for any driver of a covered vehicle or any designated observer/ground guide when the driver or designated observer/ground guide has:

1. Been observed to violate the requirements of this chapter;

2. Been involved in an accident or near miss accident; or

3. Received an evaluation that reveals that the driver or designated observer/ground guide is not operating under this chapter in a safe manner.

Statutory Authority

§ 40.1-22 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 25, eff. September 18, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.