Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 16. Labor And Employment
Agency 30. Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission
Chapter 16. Electronic Medical Billing

16VAC30-16-80. Medical documentation necessary for billing adjudication.

A. Medical documentation includes all medical reports and records permitted or required in accordance with Rule 4.2 of the Rules of the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission, subdivision 2 of 16VAC30-50-50.

B. Any request by the payer for additional documentation to process a medical bill shall conform to the requirements of 16VAC30-16-60 C.

C. It is the obligation of an insurer or employer to furnish its agents with any documentation necessary for the resolution of a medical bill.

D. Health care providers, health care facilities, third-party biller, third-party assignees, and claims administrators and their agents shall comply with all applicable federal and jurisdictional rules related to privacy, confidentiality, and security.

Statutory Authority

§ 65.2-605.1 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 35, Issue 10, eff. February 6, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.