Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 110. Board of Pharmacy
Chapter 20. Regulations Governing the Practice of Pharmacy

18VAC110-20-770. Procedure for transferring donated prescription drugs.

A. A drug donation site may transfer eligible donated prescription drugs to another drug donation site for the purpose of redispensing.

B. The transferring drug donation site shall provide a transfer record to the receiving drug donation site that includes the following:

1. The names and addresses of the transferring site and the receiving site;

2. The name, strength, and quantity of each donated drug being transferred; and

3. The date of transfer.

C. The original transfer record shall be maintained by the transferring drug donation site.

D. A copy of the transfer record shall be provided to the receiving drug donation site, the date of receipt shall be recorded on the copy, and it shall be maintained by the receiving drug donation site.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-2400 and 54.1-3307 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 27, Issue 3, eff. November 10, 2010.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.