Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 135. Real Estate Board
Chapter 50. Fair Housing Regulations

18VAC135-50-480. Relief sought for aggrieved persons during conciliation.

A. The following types of relief may be sought for aggrieved persons in conciliation:

1. Monetary relief in the form of compensatory and punitive damages and attorney fees;

2. Other equitable relief including, but not limited to, access to the dwelling at issue, or to a comparable dwelling, the provision of services or facilities in connection with a dwelling, or other specific relief; or

3. Injunctive relief appropriate to the elimination of discriminatory housing practices affecting the aggrieved person or other persons.

B. The conciliation agreement may provide for binding arbitration or other methods of resolving a dispute arising from the complaint. Arbitration may award appropriate relief as described in subsection A of this section. The aggrieved person and the respondent may, in the conciliation agreement, limit the types of relief that may be awarded under binding arbitration or other methods of dispute resolution.

Statutory Authority

§ 36-96.8 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR585-01-05 § 3.19, eff. December 1, 1991.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.