Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 135. Real Estate Board
Chapter 50. Fair Housing Regulations

18VAC135-50-60. Notice.

Whenever any person is required by these regulations to give notice to any other person of any fact, matter, or event, then such notice shall be written, and delivery of such notice shall be sufficient if the person giving notice demonstrates that he has used any of the following methods: (i) certified mail, (ii) personal service which means handing a copy of the document to the person to be served or leaving a copy of the document with a person of suitable age and discretion at the place of business, residence or usual place of abode of the person to be served; and (iii) first class mailing with proof of mailing.

This section shall in no way be construed to invalidate delivery of notice in any case in which it can be shown that the person intended to receive the notice actually received it.

Statutory Authority

§ 36-96.8 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR585-01-05 § 1.6, eff. December 1, 1991.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.