Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 15. Virginia Board For Asbestos, Lead, And Home Inspectors
Chapter 40. Home Inspector Licensing Regulations

18VAC15-40-35. Qualifications for the new residential structure specialty.

To obtain the NRS specialty, the applicant shall submit the appropriate application form and fee pursuant to 18VAC15-40-50 and meet the following qualifications:

1. Hold a current and valid home inspector license. An applicant who does not hold a current and valid home inspector license shall apply for such licensure and meet the requirements contained in 18VAC15-40-30 and 18VAC15-40-32.

2. Submit proof of successful completion of an NRS training module approved by the board pursuant to Part VI ( 18VAC15-40-200 et seq.) of this chapter and completed no more than two years prior to the date of application.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-201 and 54.1-501 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 33, Issue 19, eff. July 1, 2017; amended, Virginia Register Volume 38, Issue 12, eff. March 2, 2022.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.