Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 150. Board of Veterinary Medicine
Chapter 20. Regulations Governing the Practice of Veterinary Medicine

18VAC150-20-240. Standards of practice for equine dental technicians.

A. The practice of an equine dental technician may include the performance of routine dental maintenance with nonmotorized hand tools but shall not include cutting or chipping teeth or extraction of rooted teeth.

B. The planing or leveling of equine teeth using motorized tools or the extraction of wolf teeth premolars shall be performed in accordance with § 54.1-3813 C 2 of the Code of Virginia.

C. A record of each individual patient treated shall be maintained by the equine dental technician and shall include all relevant procedures performed. Client records shall be kept for a period of three years following the last visit and shall be available for inspection.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-2400 and 54.1-3813 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 3, eff. November 29, 2007.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.