Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 47. Cemetery Board
Chapter 20. Cemetery Board Rules and Regulations

18VAC47-20-270. Standards of approval of training course.

All training courses shall be approved by the board. The training course shall be at least four hours and include appropriate testing procedures to demonstrate an understanding of the topics. The training program shall include, but is not limited, to the following topics:

1. Cemetery Board statute and regulations;

2. Perpetual care trust fund requirements;

3. Preneed trust fund requirements;

4. Preneed burial contracts;

5. Interment records;

6. General price list;

7. Itemized statement of goods and services provided;

8. Advertising;

9. Solicitation;

10. Funeral rule; and

11. Proper care, maintenance, administration, and embellishment of the cemetery.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-201 and 54.1-2313 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 23, Issue 21, eff. August 1, 2007; amended, Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 21, eff. September 1, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.