Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 80. Board For Hearing Aid Specialists And Opticians
Chapter 30. Opticians Regulations

18VAC80-30-30. Opticians licensed in another state.

A. An optician licensed in another state seeking to be licensed as an optician in Virginia shall submit an application on a form provided by the board with the required fee. All fees are nonrefundable and shall not be prorated.

B. The board, using the following standards, shall issue a license to any person licensed in another state who:

1. Has met requirements equivalent to those listed in 18VAC 80-30-20; and

2. Has passed a substantially equivalent examination.

Statutory Authority

§ 54.1-201 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Former 18VAC100-20-50 derived from VR505-01-1:1 § 1.5, eff. November 1, 1991; amended, Virginia Register Volume 14, Issue 4, eff. December 29, 1997; Volume 15, Issue 26, eff. November 1, 1999; Volume 17, Issue 9, eff. March 1, 2001; amended and renumbered as 18VAC80-30-30, Virginia Register Volume 28, Issue 23, eff. August 15, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.