Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 85. Board of Medicine
Chapter 101. Regulations Governing the Practice of Radiologic Technology

18VAC85-101-120. Supervisory responsibilities.

A. A radiologic technologist shall supervise no more than four radiologic technologists-limited or three trainees at any one time.

B. A radiologic technologist shall be responsible for any action of persons performing radiologic functions under the radiologic technologist's supervision or direction.

C. A radiologic technologist may not delegate radiologic procedures to any unlicensed personnel except those activities that are available without prescription in the public domain to include but not limited to preparing the patient for radiologic procedures and post radiologic procedures. Such nonlicensed personnel shall not perform those patient care functions that require professional judgment or discretion.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-2400, 54.1-2956.8:1 and 54.1-2956.8:2 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 13, Issue 5, eff. December 25, 1996.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.