Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 90. Board of Nursing
Chapter 25. Regulations Governing Certified Nurse Aides

18VAC90-25-72. Certification by endorsement.

To be placed on the registry and be certified by endorsement, the nurse aide shall:

1. Be a graduate of a state-approved nurse aide education program that meets the requirements for clinical training and competency set forth in 42 CFR 483.152;

2. Have satisfactorily completed a competency evaluation program;

3. Be currently registered in another state, with no finding of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property;

4. Submit the required application; and

5. Submit the required verification form to the credentialing agency in each state in which the applicant has been registered, certified, or licensed, unless electronic verification is available.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-2400 and 54.1-3005  of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 23, Issue 21, eff. July 25, 2007; amended, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 10, eff. February 27, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.