Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 2. Agriculture
Agency 5. Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services
Chapter 115. Regulations for Determining Whether a Facility Meets the Purpose of Finding Permanent Adoptive Homes for Animals

2VAC5-115-20. Meeting the purpose of finding permanent adoptive homes for animals.

A facility that is operated for the purpose of finding permanent adoptive homes for animals shall annually (i) find permanent adoptive homes for animals and (ii) conduct at least three of the following activities:

1. Be accessible to the public to view animals available for adoption;

2. Advertise to the general public animals that are available for adoption;

3. Transfer animals available for adoption to a releasing agency;

4. Utilize a foster care provider for animals temporarily awaiting placement in permanent adoptive homes; or

5. Offer services to the public in an effort to keep animals in their permanent homes.

Statutory Authority

§ 3.2-6501 of the Code of Virginia; Chapter 319 of the 2016 Acts of Assembly.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 35, Issue 24, eff. August 22, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.