Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 2. Agriculture
Agency 5. Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services
Chapter 220. Virginia Horse Breeder Incentive Program

2VAC5-220-80. Recipient eligibility.

To be eligible to receive any public money, the proposed recipient must be "actively engaged in the breeding of horses in Virginia." To qualify as one "actively engaged in the breeding of horses in Virginia," the person must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:

1. The person (regardless of legal residence) must have stood a stallion for one complete breeding season in Virginia during the previous three years.

2. The person (regardless of legal residence) must have owned a mare or mares which were either bred in Virginia or stabled in Virginia for one year during the previous three years.

3. If a Virginia resident, the person must demonstrate (either through ownership of breeding stock or horses accepted in this program) activity in the Virginia horse breeding industry.

Statutory Authority

§ 3.2-106 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR115-01-03 § 8, eff. February 17, 1988.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.