Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 2. Agriculture
Agency 5. Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services
Chapter 240. Rules and Regulations for Enforcement of the Grain Handlers Law

2VAC5-240-20. Grading equipment and procedures used to determine the values of grain.

A. The equipment, equipment procedures, and sampling procedures used to determine factors pertaining to value of grain shall be those contained in the United States Department of Agriculture "Grain Inspection Handbook" (7 CFR §§ 800 through 810 - Grain Section).

B. The commissioner or his representative shall have the power to inspect and test, as often as deemed necessary, and to determine the accuracy of all equipment and procedures used to sample and grade grain purchased by handlers.

C. The commissioner or his representative shall approve and mark, or seal for use, the equipment he finds to be correct; and shall reject and mark or tag as "condemned for repairs" the equipment he finds to be incorrect.

Statutory Authority

§ 3.2-4324 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR115-03-02 § 2, eff. April 16, 1987.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.