Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 2. Agriculture
Agency 5. Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services
Chapter 400. Rules and Regulations for the Enforcement of the Virginia Fertilizer Law

2VAC5-400-80. Minimum plant food allowed.

A. No person shall be allowed to distribute, register, or offer for sale any mixed fertilizer, collodial phosphate or similar materials in this Commonwealth which contains less than 3.0% of plant food, (total nitrogen, available phosphate and soluble or available potash, either singly or in combination) except as provided in subsections B and C of this section.

B. The commissioner may allow mixed fertilizer with a minimum of 1.5% of plant food (total nitrogen, available phosphate and soluble or available potash, either singly or in combination) to be distributed, registered, or offered for sale if the plant food is derived primarily from organic materials.

C. The minimum plant food requirement shall not apply to ground rock phosphate.

Statutory Authority

§ 3.2-3601 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR115-04-10 § 8, eff. June 25, 1986; amended, Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 21, eff. August 1, 2002.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.