Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 2. Agriculture
Agency 5. Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services
Chapter 585. Retail Food Establishment Regulations

2VAC5-585-1550. Fixed equipment, spacing or sealing.

A. Equipment that is fixed because it is not easily movable shall be installed so that it is:

1. Spaced to allow access for cleaning along the sides, behind, and above the equipment;

2. Spaced from adjoining equipment, walls, and ceilings a distance of not more than 1/32 inch or one millimeter; or

3. Sealed to adjoining equipment or walls, if the equipment is exposed to spillage or seepage.

B. Counter-mounted equipment that is not easily movable shall be installed to allow cleaning of the equipment and areas underneath and around the equipment by being:

1. Sealed; or

2. Elevated on legs as specified under 2VAC5-585-1560 D.

Statutory Authority

§ 3.2-5121 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 2, eff. October 16, 2007; amended, Virginia Register Volume 26, Issue 7, eff. January 1, 2010; Volume 32, Issue 22, eff. July 12, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.