Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 2. Agriculture
Agency 5. Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services
Chapter 680. Regulations Governing Licensing of Pesticide Businesses Operating under Authority of the Virginia Pesticide Control Act

2VAC5-680-30. Business licensing requirements for commercial applicators.

Any person mixing or applying any pesticide commercially in Virginia shall either (i) obtain a valid pesticide business license pursuant to 2VAC5-680-20 A, or (ii) be employed by a currently licensed pesticide business. The business license and fee shall not be considered a substitute for the commercial applicator certification and fee. Possession of a business license does not authorize the licensee to apply restricted use pesticides, nor does it allow a reduction of the fee necessary for an applicator's certification.

Statutory Authority

§ 3.2-3906 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Former 2VAC20-40-30, derived from VR115-04-22 § 2.2, eff. January 2, 1991; amended and renumbered as 2VAC5-680-30, Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 1, eff. October 10, 2012.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.