Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 20. Public Utilities and Telecommunications
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission
Chapter 301. Rules Governing the Use of Bidding Programs to Purchase Electricity from Other Power Suppliers

20VAC5-301-30. Development of Resource Plan.

If a utility chooses to establish a bidding program, that program must be an integral part of the utility's long-term resource plan. The information in a utility's resource plan should determine the size of solicitations, the timing of the need and many of the evaluation criteria.

An electric utility's need for capacity as identified in its Request for Proposal (RFP) should be consistent with its long-term resource plans. The capacity need identified by an investor-owned electric utility should be consistent with the resource plans filed most recently with the Commission. If the RFP is not consistent with the resource plan, the company must justify any differences before an RFP is issued.

Statutory Authority

§§ 56-234.3, 56-234.4, 56-235.1 and 56-249 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Case No. PUE900029, eff. November 28, 1990.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.