Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 20. Public Utilities and Telecommunications
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission
Chapter 301. Rules Governing the Use of Bidding Programs to Purchase Electricity from Other Power Suppliers

20VAC5-301-50. Evaluation of Bids.

The evaluation of bids submitted in a bidding program must be based on the criteria identified in the utility's request for proposal. Bids should compete not only with other bids but also with the company's own build options, including plant life extensions.

While a company's build option need not be treated as a sealed bid, the utility must be able to demonstrate that it has objectively evaluated its build option against the bids received.

It should be recognized that the utility's evaluation will be under close scrutiny by the Commission staff and other interested parties. Unsuccessful bidders should have an opportunity to meet with the utility to discuss the evaluation of their bids.

Statutory Authority

§§ 56-234.3, 56-234.4, 56-235.1 and 56-249 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Case No. PUE900029, eff. November 28, 1990.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.